Red is closely associated with the root chakra and is linked physically to circulation, the heart and our physical bodies overall.
In a positive light, red energy is indicative of a healthy ego. In a negative light, red energy can give way to intense feelings or physical outbursts of anger and being unforgiving. It can also indicate anxiety or feeling nervous.
- Deep Red – Strong will, grounded, sense of survival and being realistic.
- Muddy Red – The location of this colour indicates anger in the individual’s aura.
- Clear Red – Shows a person who is powerful and often very sensual and passionate. Clear Red indicates being energetic and highly competitive. The density of this colour indicates a positive or negative nature of each trait.
- Orange Red – Shows a person with confidence.
- Bright Pink – Indicates a sensual and artistic person and is linked with affection, love, sensitivity and compassion. Bright vivid pink can also indicate clairaudience.
- Dark Muddy Pink – Displays dishonesty and/or emotional immaturity.
Orange is associated with the sacral chakra is linked with our reproductive organs and emotions. It is a colour of good health, vitality and excitement.
In a positive light, orange energy is highly productive and indicates a creative, sociable and courageous person. In a negative light, orange can lead to us developing or having developed high levels of stress, anxiety and addiction.
- Orangish-Yellow – Shows intelligence and a detail-oriented person who is scientific, creative, and often a perfectionist.
- Brownish-Orange – Indicates a person with low level of ambition, maybe lazy and often indicates repressed emotions which need to be released and cleared.
Yellow, associated with the solar plexus chakra, is linked physically to the spleen and spiritually to our entire life and spiritual energy. It is the colour linked to “awakenings” and displays a person of optimism with easy-going (not to be confused with easily led or easily dominated) nature. It is also the colour of inspiration and intelligence.
- Pale Yellow – Linked with psychic and spiritual awareness, optimism, hopefulness and positivity.
- Bright Yellow – Indicates a fear of losing control, fear of losing or lacking respect. It also indicates inner power struggles which may physically manifest in one’s life. It indicates a need (can be positive or negative) for control personally and in business.
- Clear Metallic Gold – Signifies a spirituality-activated person or one going through an inspirational spiritual or emotional awakening.
- Dark Muddy Yellow Gold – Indicates fatigue and stress usually linked to learning, studying or trying to gain too much knowledge at the same time.
Green is associated with the heart chakra and is linked to the heart and lungs. It is a comfortable, loving colour and indicates levels of health and well-being
In a positive light, green represents our natural or current balance, growth, ability to accept change and closely aligns with a love of people, animals and the natural world. In a negative light green can be associated with envy, jealousy and insecurity.
- Emerald Green – Indicates a natural healer and deeply compassionate and loving person.
- Yellow Green – Linked with communication that is open and heartfelt. It also indicates a highly creative individual.
- Muddy Forest Green – This colour indicates a person struggling with jealousy. They may tend to be or play the victim. They can be insecure and blame others.
- Deep Brownish-Green – Shows a person highly sensitive to criticism and who lacks the ability to accept personal responsibility for issues in life.
Turquoise is associated with both the heart and throat chakras and is physically linked with the immune system. To have turquoise within the aura speaks of a highly sensitive and compassionate person and is often related to being or becoming a healer or therapist.
Blue is associated with the throat chakra and relates physically to the throat and thyroid. It is the colour associated with being “cool, calm and collected”. It indicates caring and the development of a loving nature. It is closely associated with spiritual sensitivity and intuitive energies.
In a positive light, blue associates with peacefulness, clarity and developed intuition. In a negative light, it can indicate fear, dishonesty and difficulty in communication.
- Light Blue – Indicates peacefulness and clarity. This person is intuitive and truthful.
- Royal Blue – Highly spiritual and often indicates clairvoyant abilities. This person will be very generous and always open to new opportunities.
- Muddy Blue – indicates a fear of expression, fear of the future and fear of speaking the truth.
Indigo is associated with the third eye and links physically to the pituitary gland. Spiritually, indigo is associated with intuition, spiritual awakenings and the development of psychic sensitivity. It represents a person who sees on a spiritual level as well as physical.
Individuals with indigo auras are brave and fearless, both in the face of threats and general challenges. They are passionate and focused on the person inside rather than outward appearances.
Violet is associated the crown chakra and is physically linked to the pineal gland and the nervous system. It is delicate and represents the most sensitive colour in the auric field. A person with violet in their aura is highly intuitive and can be a visionary both in the physical world and spiritually.
Violet reveals developing psychic ability. These people are often referred to by others as magical, deeply intuitive and highly artistic. People with a violet aura are often described as dynamic, charming, confident, and can be seen as futuristic. They are in sync with their emotions and those of others. This makes them empathetic to the feelings of those around them.
The Violet aura personality has natural leadership and intelligence however if imbalanced can be outwardly seen as arrogance, or narcissism.
Lavender is associated with the third eye and the crown chakras and is a deeply spiritual and always positive in nature. It pertains to vision, spiritual connections and creative imagination. The only aspect a person with lavender in their aura needs to be aware of is staying connected to the physical even when things are boring – lavender folk are life’s daydreamers.
Silver is a spiritual colour which highlights abundance. It shows up in the auric field, in areas related to the specific abundance.
- Bright Intense Silver – A patch of this colourindicates one of two things – abundance of money already in possession or coming in, or a significant spiritual event (usually a deeper awakening).
- Metallic Translucent Silver – Indicates a person who is nurturing and highly intuitive. These people come up with new ideas.
- Muddy Grey – Patches of muddy grey indicate a build-up of unreleased fear in the body. This can lead to blocks in the chakras and imbalance of physical energy. This colour can indicate, or lead to, health problems associated with the body area where the muddy grey is located.
- Dirty Grey – Seen as a film or thin transparent overlay — this shows a blockage or imbalance. If all chakras are balanced, then the individual has a skeptic nature and lacks trust. It is important to engage in meditation or spiritual development to clear blacks in the energy field.
Gold is a magnificent colour to find within the aura. It indicates a person who has “divine protection” and who is enlightened or on the way to enlightenment.
A person with gold in the aura is encased in divine and universal guidance. This person is full of life and universal wisdom. They have inner peace with highly developed intuition and spirituality. They are teachers, leaders and guides for others.
Black is often used in folklore and literature for associations with negativity and being on the wrong path. While not always of a negative nature, black is associated in history with negative events for good reason. It is the colour that contains all colour – it is dense and is associated with capture and transformation.
Black usually indicates a person with an unforgiving nature. These people need to clear the black from the aura before serious health-related problems ensue.
It is often associated to past life problems, unreleased negativity and anger and usually shows a great deal of stored emotional grief. It is important to remember that black can be released and can be transformed.
White contains and reflects all colour. It reflects all colour energy to wherever it is best used and needed for physical, emotional and spiritual well-being.
White is the universal colour of protection. Seeing dense patches of white or a white outer layer signifies a person who knows and speaks only the truth.
It indicates a person of great health and purity and an individual with “angelic” qualities. If you see flashes of bright white or sparkling dots and white sparks this means angels are with you and communicating.
Note: If there is ever a Dirty Grey White seen, this colour can be indicative of possible illness.
Colours reminiscent of those found in the natural world that look like natural substances (i.e. soil, wood, minerals and various plants) are signs that the person is attached to the earth and grounded physically.
Often these colours and shapes are seen in those who work or live on the land and in nature.
The only earthly shade that requires attention and clearing is a dense patch of solid Brown. This would indicate a person who tends to be greedy and who is close minded and self-absorbed.
If the brown is not solid and dense but appears to be a translucent film or overlay (you can see the other colours and fields below it) this indicates a person who is holding onto insecurity and stored negative energies. This needs to be cleared before ill-health develops.
In some people you may see actual rainbows that appear as a straight line. These tend to emanate from the hand or head, however, can emanate from any part of the body.
These rainbows indicate a highly developed and gifted spiritual energy healer.